The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #26
mcgoo26

Re: Time to start my project

As of now nothing new to report. Paint and body still in the works. Will post pics soon.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #27
Gregski
Post Whore

any updates? interested in the rust repair, kick panels especially
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #28
mcgoo26

Well...update time. Last October I took a friend of mine to check out pricing on paint and body for a '55 Chevy pickup he was looking to have painted. Backstory on his truck: he has been wrenching on this thing from the ground up for 10+ years frame off and the works and was looking for someone to paint it. Well we stopped by the shop where my truck is currently at to see if it was something he was interested in. To this point I did not know my truck was being worked on. I get the fact that the owner/operator had a few builds ahead of mine and once time/manning allotted, they would start on my truck. Anyhow, long story short; the price Bob (the owner of the restoration shop) quoted my friend was less than reasonable in his opinion for the work that had already been done body wise. Bob looks at me and says "we need to look at what you want to do for paint and payment on the balance". I didnt see anything resembling my truck on the property and was curious. So he takes me around back and there it is all tore down primed and just about ready for paint. Problem was I was staring at a nearly $6,000 bill to this point. So I stressed overnight about it obviously. Come to find out, they had the incorrect e-mail address on file and had started working the truck in July. Needless to say Bob kept working on it anyhow until I stopped in in October. Cool thing is, is that Bob understands that these kind of builds take time and that not everyone can afford to drop such a chunk in one shot on a payment and is of the mindset pay what you can when you can. Anyhow, come to find out in the process of blasting the old paint off of the truck, I now need a new right fender. And of corse, all is on hold for the time being until the balance is knocked down.

Well with the paint and body in a stand still, I have started plugging away at getting the engine cleaned up so I can nickel and dime putting it back together. Now that other financial constraints have been eased, I can focus on getting the paint and body balance down and work the on putting the engine together. As far as I am concerned, these things take time (and money) and I can take a while to get to where you want to be, but the journey to that point will be well worth it.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #29
mcgoo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
any updates? interested in the rust repair, kick panels especially
Well, as of my recent post; that was the repair the body shop was about to attack when everything came to a halt. The exterior for the most part is done minus a new tailgate and passenger side fender. They still needed to fix the kick panel and a couple other things in the cab, prime it and the truck for the most part would have been just about ready for paint.