The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
LoganG1k

Glove box option codes

I'm having trouble reading the codes in the glove box. The picture is pretty rough. I'm pretty sure it says positrac 3.73, front door arm rest, hd clutch. The other says dark green I think. But dark green what? It is 1968 c10 stepside. Is currently hugger orange with a 350 engine and a turbo 350.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

LoganG1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:45 PM   #2
jocko

Re: Glove box option codes

It's RPO 505 - Dark Green Paint - solid color on the body. I believe you're correct on the rest.
Also, the Model # shows it as a 115" wb shortbed. Can kinda make out the 115 on the top right of the SPID - but it's a stepper C10, so that makes sense. Model # and VIN 2nd digit is a little sketchy. If it's an S, it was originally a 6 cyl. If it's an E, it was originally a V8 (307 or 327 in 68).
Check your metal VIN tag to confirm.

With the sbc or 6, 3.73 was standard, but posi wasn't, so that is why it's called out on the SPID.
I believe the original trans would have been a 3 on the tree as the 4-speed would have been called out on the SPID if so optioned.

And welcome to the site from another Hoosier (originally, I mean)!

Last edited by jocko; 02-24-2017 at 10:51 PM.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #3
LoganG1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
It's RPO 505 - Dark Green Paint - solid color on the body. I believe you're correct on the rest.
Also, the Model # shows it as a 115" wb shortbed. Can kinda make out the 115 on the top right of the SPID - but it's a stepper C10, so that makes sense. Model # and VIN 2nd digit is a little sketchy. If it's an S, it was originally a 6 cyl. If it's an E, it was originally a V8 (307 or 327 in 68).
Check your metal VIN tag to confirm.

With the sbc or 6, 3.73 was standard, but posi wasn't, so that is why it's called out on the SPID.
I believe the original trans would have been a 3 on the tree as the 4-speed would have been called out on the SPID if so optioned.

And welcome to the site from another Hoosier (originally, I mean)!
Wow! Awesome. I'm not restoring this truck. It was my brothers and he passed. He would roll over in his grave if I painted his orange truck green and swapped in a straight six. Haha. I am fixing it up though. Needs paint and a little bodywork,lots of interior work, new transmission because the case is cracked in this th350. My dad is retiring in June so we will start hitting it hard then. I'd like to have it back on the road and looking good by 9/25/2018 for the 10 year anniversary of his passing. But life tends to change plans and drag projects out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

LoganG1k is offline   Reply With Quote