The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
88notchback

Sway bar width

On my 70 swb I ordered a front sway bar from Porter Built. They asked for the front hole centers from a-arm to a-arm. I emailed them back and asked as I don't have the truck with me at the moment and the truck doesn't have a factory sway bar, I figured a factory setup would be all the same. They emailed back with a drawing to measure from. Do all a arms have provisions for a sway bar or is there not a stock measurment I can find?
88notchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:06 PM   #2
AussieinNC

Re: Sway bar width

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88notchback View Post
On my 70 swb I ordered a front sway bar from Porter Built. They asked for the front hole centers from a-arm to a-arm. I emailed them back and asked as I don't have the truck with me at the moment and the truck doesn't have a factory sway bar, I figured a factory setup would be all the same. They emailed back with a drawing to measure from. Do all a arms have provisions for a sway bar or is there not a stock measurment I can find?
If you are using stock lower control arms, you can save a heap of money by going direct to https://www.lmctruck.com/1967-72-che...ance-sway-bars

If you have aftermarket fabricated lower arms you will need to supply the measurement between the holes in the arms into which the end links of the sway bar fit. Porterbuilt is good equipment but its all hand built to specs....

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:09 PM   #3
88notchback

Re: Sway bar width

Man I really appreciate it. It is factory arms on the truck. I'm reaching out to see if I can cancel and will order through LMC.
88notchback is offline   Reply With Quote