The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Big Port Jimmy 6
Addicted to Rust

Talking Some Progress Some Setbacks

I got a good jump on the install today. I am using motor mounts from Welder Series. Paul sold me a ls155d and the pass side mount from a ls104 kit. That gives me the "Fred" style mounts. They fit the block well but I had to countersink two of the holes on the pass mount as the stock shell wouldf mot clear the mounting bolts.

I am going to have to trim the frame for compressor clearance though. I suspect that the 3\4 ton frame has a thicker cross section and the compressor will not quite go in between the mount and the upper frame lip. It also would not go in with the compressor installed. I hope by trimming this sweep in the frame on the engine side of the tape it will give me enough clearance to get it in.

I also need to lightly trim the upper part of the frame to let the pass motor mount stand sit down flush with the upper frame rail. I probably cam sand enough of it off to make it clear.

I will also have to notch the frame for exhaust manifold clearance on both sides as they barely touch. I also have a new set of GTO manifolds but the drivers did not clear the motor mount.

Just as an FYI the GMPP muscle car pan kit (Colorado, Hummer pan) has a different bell housing pattern on the bottom letting you only use on of the bottom bolts of course I am sure that seven bolts will hold it just fine.

Jay
87 GMC CCSB 5.3 4l60E Daily Driver

ECTA National record holder XO/PP

We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.
Big Port Jimmy 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
team39763

Re: Some Progress Some Setbacks

Wow...looks like you're diggin' deep into this project. Thanks for the heads-up about the GMPP kit. I was about to buy one of those for my new project, but I think I'll stick with what I got(regular truck setup).