The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2024, 09:25 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

New Rant Thread

C'mon. What's eatin' you?

I have two insurance, I guess you'd call rants. One is homeowners and the other is auto.

I've been in my 1857 house for 37 years. After about 10 years I get a letter from the insurance company, less than a month from renewal, stating they won't be renewing me due to "debris" on my barn roof. I assume they meant the moss that had started growing on the cedar shakes. ok, I'll put a new roof on, but why only give me a few weeks and why word it as refusing renewal with no "unless". Well, I'm not one to twist someone's are to take my money, so screw them and I get someone who wants my business. I just think that's evil to do what they did in the way that they did.

I find Frederick Mutual, an age old local company in a county where Frederick City is one big history district and the county is full of historic towns and farms from the 1700-1800s. No problem and I had them right up until Feb 4th of this year. Only once did I receive a letter stating there would be someone visiting to inspect the property and I never heard a word of the results. I do work on historic homes and many customer voice their fears of the annual inspection they get. I tell them check my company out.

A few years ago Frederick Mutual went under some bigger listing company, no change on my end. But in November I got an E-mail, from the big company, stating Frederick Mutual was dropping their homeowner insurance line and they'd find me another company, and that they felt I was over insured. Well, my house is hand hewn chestnut log and if it burns down I'm building another chestnut log house. I'm ok with what I pay and I'd rather be over than under.

They wanted pictures of my house, I sent them. They talked about this one company that is named after an old town in PA. Back and forth e-mails, no news yet, no news yet. They didn't receive the pics and they tried again. Same thing over and over. WTH? My pictures sent just fine and I'm a computer dunce. Isn't this what they do for a living? I'm calling this woman, she's calling me back, still no word. I'm so happy to have my insurance handled by a huge outfit who handles 50 carriers rather than one who knows what the hell they're doing!!

It comes down to Wednesday evening at 5, office closing time. She calls and says Mt. Joy won't be writing my policy due to the condition of my cedar shakes (upper roof/new metal on lower). What?? You wait all this time to let me know this, leaving me tomorrow and Friday to have a policy written before my current one expires on Sunday??? What about another company? "Sir, we handle 50 companies and I assure you none will accept your home without those shakes replaced". 2 1/2 months and all I ever heard was Mt Joy. I even told her I have the metal roof material on hand but due to a tornado nearby late summer I was too busy with my work to install my own roof before winter (true fact). I'm waiting for longer days. Stripping shakes on lath strips ever 7" is time consuming. Each shingle has two ring shank nails that have to be pulled, thousands. This isn't composition shingles over plywood that can be stripped and laid in a day. Plus it's just me. Again...pure evil to put me in such a bind after supposedly working on getting me a policy for 2 1/2 months!!

I'm in two old house groups on FB. I see people having difficulty have a policy written for the house they bought to fix up. Often they get a company, settle on the home, then a month later cancelled. Over and over again I see people saying they have State Farm, of all things, and no problems like that.

I remembered that my good friend who is also a contractor, his family has a big farm with very old house, he lives in a very old house, and his brother has a business that is one of the first and biggest lumber recycling businesses in the country, Vintage Lumber est. in the early '70s. They all use state farm. And just a couple years ago I worked with this friend on the agency owner's house replacing rotted trim and siding. I call Dick's office, he's out sick but they'll have him call me. He wants a picture of my house front and back, the other wanted all sides. He also wanted a picture that showed the detail of my all wood front porch, and one picture of each building. The office girls are telling me what a beautiful house I have and Dick say no problem, you have a policy. What a relief!! Shew! I have a very high limit for my little house because he understands what it would take to rebuild back to what it is. He's local in Frederick County and State Farm is the top of the food chain, not some half-assed wanna be conglomerate in Somewhere, USA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that was a book in itself, but the car insurance is simple. My '95 Suburban was insured (liability cuz it's old) with Progressive, for almost 10 years. It's been out of commission up at my friend's shop since this time last year. I'm driving his Sonoma that'll be mine once I rebuild his front porch. That's still his and insured by him. In May I decided to let the Suburban insurance expire. I'll be getting it going soon, once I start work up there (PA) on his porch. So I want to get a policy on it. I joined AARP because everyone I talk to said The Hartford, through them, is great and cheaper than what they had. Then there are the solicitations saying they save you hundreds over your current policy. I get a quote and OMG was it high!! I though I had shot myself in the foot for letting my policy lapse at my age? I was paying Progressive around $900 a year and The Hartford wants a little over $2,000.

My new State Farm agency talked about me getting a discount on my homeoewners if I brought my auto over to them. So I got a quote, under $500 a year. Where do I sign??? And my homeowners will drop 20%. I'll be paying for both trucks what the one was costing and less than half of what The Hartford wanted. I thought AARP advocated for elders, not be the scammer

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:07 AM   #2
Rickysnickers

Re: New Rant Thread

What's irritating me uh??? Well, I was diagnosed with a degenerative neuromuscular disease called CMT. I've lost muscles in my lower legs and in my hands. Along with that comes depression...

Then, next month, I potentially get to watch my wife newphew for a few days. The kid's an absolute brat and I don't like him. He's 12 years old and is so riddled with fear, from his mother, that he has to sleep with five night lights on. His parents like to go on vacation and dump him off here....
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:11 AM   #3
Boog
laying low

Many of us have had frustrations with insurance companies through the years. It seems some companies are more liked in some areas and very disliked in others. I think a lot of that is due to the people running individual insurance offices rather than the insurance brand itself. Some are more willing to really help a customer out. I have seen the time when a local agent would go to a claimant's home in the wee morning hours to help a customer with storm damage cleanup, or help with property securement or whathaveyou. Those are the better ones to do business with. Not seen much anymore.
Now days, with so many disasters, some companies are taking a beating and just pulling out of certain parts of the country, such as Cali. They need to be profitable.
"like a good neighbor, state farm is there". Not!
My grandmother took a big loss on her home when an attic located water heater blew out while she was away on vacation. In all the years she had been paying the premiums with no claims, the first time she needed them, she was told "we're sorry but your policy doesn't cover such and event". She remembered being told her policy was "whole house coverage". They didn't help one dime. That agent was a life long friend of my Dad's too. A few years later I broke away from them too.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:30 AM   #4
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Many of us have had frustrations with insurance companies through the years. It seems some companies are more liked in some areas and very disliked in others. I think a lot of that is due to the people running individual insurance offices rather than the insurance brand itself. Some are more willing to really help a customer out. I have seen the time when a local agent would go to a claimant's home in the wee morning hours to help a customer with storm damage cleanup, or help with property securement or whathaveyou. Those are the better ones to do business with. Not seen much anymore.
Now days, with so many disasters, some companies are taking a beating and just pulling out of certain parts of the country, such as Cali. They need to be profitable.
"like a good neighbor, state farm is there". Not!
My grandmother took a big loss on her home when an attic located water heater blew out while she was away on vacation. In all the years she had been paying the premiums with no claims, the first time she needed them, she was told "we're sorry but your policy doesn't cover such and event". She remembered being told her policy was "whole house coverage". They didn't help one dime. That agent was a life long friend of my Dad's too. A few years later I broke away from them too.
Most likely your grandmothers policy was a named peril policy and only covered things that are listed in the policy . Fire wind weight of ice and snow were the usual named perils . The policy was cheap but not much covered ,was more of a catastrophic policy . Not many policies like that anymore most are named exclusion like earth movement or flood

We were not allowed to write homes I believe built prior 1930 unless the home had updated wiring and plumbing and there were certain exclusions like plaster walls would be replaced with Sheetrock the insured could at there discretion do plaster but the insurance would only pay for what Sheetrock would cost . Anyone who has had plaster repaired knows it’s very cost prohibitive . And on those policies we had to add code coverage since in a lot of municipalities you couldn’t rebuild the home as it was built because of new codes . Also couldn’t write a home with cedar roof shakes
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:39 AM   #5
72c20customcamper

And an agent helping an insured is prohibited by the company because of our lawsuit society. If something were to happen the homeowner could sue the company . It was alright for us to volunteer for storm cleanup which I had done but I would have to help were I was told to I couldn’t pick a choose .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:47 AM   #6
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

AARP may have started out as an advocate for seniors but it has turned into just another big money grubbing political conglomerate.

Insurance company's are weird. Some act like they don't want your business. I had a guy from one place for my homeowners come out and literally take at least 50 pictures and he was rude. I had a bad feeling about that. Sure enough they send me a list of problems that he found. One was a leaky spray nozzle on the hose. I don't even see how that is part of the house? Unscrew it and it's fixed. The other was a branch from my big tree grew over my shed. They said to either tear down the shed or cut down the tree. Well it was a brand new shed and the tree was 60 years old so I wouldn't do either and they denied me. The next guy I called took 2 pictures and said that my policy would be sent to me. No problem at all. And it was less money.

I just got a letter from the insurance company for the guy that hit my Corvette. I wanted my $250 deductible back from the body shop.
They said and I quote:
"After completing our investigation of this accident, we have determined our insured does not hold any liability for damages arising from this accident. Therefore we will not be paying any claims against our policyholder'.

You've got to be kidding me! What "Investigation'? Their policyholder ran a red light and hit me and I have witnesses. I'm going to request a copy of their "investigation just to pester them.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 12:02 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
What's irritating me uh??? Well, I was diagnosed with a degenerative neuromuscular disease called CMT. I've lost muscles in my lower legs and in my hands. Along with that comes depression...

Then, next month, I potentially get to watch my wife newphew for a few days. The kid's an absolute brat and I don't like him. He's 12 years old and is so riddled with fear, from his mother, that he has to sleep with five night lights on. His parents like to go on vacation and dump him off here....
I'm very sorry to hear about your CMT. I can see that being a tough adjustment to accept. I'm starting to feel my age more myself. I've had my right foot bothering me off and on. It's been five or so years since I noticed it being swollen along with my lower leg. But the foot hasn't been swelling since at first and the leg stays swollen a bit. I get pains in my ankle joint and the top of my big toe and back across my foot. That inner upper joint area has played hell with me for over 20 years. It looks up with a jolt of pain. I figure it's worn cartilage. My heel gets sore and sometimes either foot can get a sore achilles tendon that makes that foot lame. It just starts after doing nothing, then last all evening and it's there when I wake up. I take an Advil and it goes away. I went to a rheumatologist a couple weeks ago, blood work and xrays, because I suspected I had psoriatic arthritis after seeing a picture that looked like my inner ankle and read the symptom were what I've experience, except any scaly skin. I don't have that, not gout, and definitely I have osteo arthritis, which I already figured. But what I tested positive for is lyme disease. I have no symptoms. What's odd is, the week between visits I went hiking on that Sunday and Monday morning I found a deer tick latched on. I'm taking antibiotic for 28 days...ugh

And I still don't know what's going on with my feet, foot, or whatever

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-25-2024 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:55 PM   #8
farmall

Actually, I am tired of people using the word actually. I work with a guy who will use it three times in one sentence. I'm sick of it, along with honestly and to tell you the truth.
89 GMC Jimmy Stock https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=810958
71 LT1 Convertible, 72 Coupe
69 CJ5, 75 CJ6, 67 M715, 72 M35A2 Bobbed, 95 XLC2
farmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:17 PM   #9
Boog
laying low

Boy that lyme disease can be an ash kicker. Affects people differently. My BIL was a big outdoorsman who had already had a heart attack. Years later on he all of a sudden began feeling like he was having another one. They determined he had the lyme disease. He recovered but it took a long while.

Old 02-24-2024, 01:29 PM   #10
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
And an agent helping an insured is prohibited by the company because of our lawsuit society. If something were to happen the homeowner could sue the company . It was alright for us to volunteer for storm cleanup which I had done but I would have to help were I was told to I couldn’t pick a choose .
Things are much different today for sure.
My grandmother's case happened in the late 60's.
Way back before that my Dad was an agent, for a while. He learned some despicable tactics some agents used to sell policies and quit the business.
Well, enough of insurance rants.

Old 02-24-2024, 08:34 PM   #11
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Angry Re: New Rant Thread

my homeowner policy is getting cancelled next week because of too much "debris" close to the house, i move everything that was close to the house, not good enough for them. they sent me a drone picture of my yard now and they want everything pretty much thrown away. i'll try finding someone else.
my dad has a house in the mountains, the lady tried to sell him flood insurance , he tells her in no uncertain terms- my house is on a mountain at 5200 feet elevation if the freaking water gets that deep i'll need an ark not flood insurance. they're all a bunch of crooks.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:25 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

I'm sorry to those in the insurance business, but as my father said, "The insurance industry is a racket", and that has been and continues to prove itself true. It's a win win racket. They have lawmakers in their pocket and have laws passed to benefit them. The insurance industry is an investment industry, same as banks. What they pay out will never outweigh what they profit. Never, it just can't happen. Remember 5 mph bumpers to save insurance companies money on minor accidents. Along with that was a regulation requiring bumper heights to align. What happened to that? Now we have bumper covers that are the whole front and rear areas that fall off and need replaced if you look at them wrong. And they ain't cheap.
And how about not insuring cedar shake roofs? Some do, some won't. So you strip them off and put on the most fire resistant roof, metal, that lasts virtually forever. Some companies turn that down because they say the metal hampers firefighters from opening a vent whole. Ok, it's a slow messy job with an ax, but how about a cordless saw? The 5 rib/surface fastener type, which I am using can come off in a minute with a cordless screw gun. Put 3 on a truck and 3 firefighters can zip a panel of faster than chopping through any conventional roof. What burns my arse is twice when they want ed let me go they waited till the last minute. That is what I meant by pure evil. That's not just protecting their profit, that's being malicious. More than just refusing my business. It's like they punish you by intentionally putting you in a bind.
What other business is in the habit of looking for ways to deny accounts? They are so lush they can do that. Ever have a bank not allow you to open an account and deposit your money? That's like someone calling me to come do work on their house.
Them: "We'd like a price for replacing our kitchen cabinets"
Me: "What color is your house?"
Them: "It's beige. Why do you ask?"
Me: "Sorry, I don't do work on beige houses"
Then: "But what does that have to do with our kitchen?"
Me: "Goodbye"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I just got a letter from the insurance company for the guy that hit my Corvette. I wanted my $250 deductible back from the body shop.
They said and I quote:
"After completing our investigation of this accident, we have determined our insured does not hold any liability for damages arising from this accident. Therefore we will not be paying any claims against our policyholder'.

You've got to be kidding me! What "Investigation'? Their policyholder ran a red light and hit me and I have witnesses. I'm going to request a copy of their "investigation just to pester them.
It is a racket, I tell you. I had a situation with my '95 Suburban in the first month I was driving it.

Two lane road with a traffic light I sat in line to make right turn into bank on the corner. Sat through 1 1/2 cycles with my right blinker on. Past the bank entrance the road widens to right turn/straight/Left turn lanes. so at the bank entrance it's a wide single lane, not yet marked for more than one. We start moving, I'm barely rolling as I begin to make my turn. I see or sense movement in my far right periphery that shouldn't be there, so I instantly jam my brakes, so hard that it jars the tools in the back. I look and see this little SUV right there. Pull up to the drive-thru and he pulled in, got out of his vehicle, walked up and said, "You hit my car". I said," Buddy, I wasn't driving backwards. I'll talk to you after I'm done my business if you don't mind".

It all comes down to he claimed I turned from the left lane and said I didn't use my turn signal. Either he's warped or a bold face liar. No way was I at fault. The truth is I sat through 1 1/2 cycles with my turn signal on the whole time, patiently waiting to turn into the entrance I sat there looking at for 3-5 minutes, and he came zipping up to the intersection, never having to wait, and tried to zip on by everyone to make his turn before he had a lane. And he came by the line of vehicles so fast he didn't see my turn signal and wouldn't be able to stop even once he did. I look around and he was not there when I began turning.

I carry liability only on the old 'Burban, so my company has no dog in the fight. They're not going to pay for a lawyer to go to court and that guy's insurance company (USAA) knew that. My adjuster easily dispelled that guys fraudulent story. After a week or so, since heard nothing from USAA, I call them to see where they want me to get my paintless dent repair done. The woman tells me, "While our policy holder was clearly at fault because he had no business being where he was with no designated lane, we also find you at fault for leaving him enough room to try to pass". WHAT??? You mean I'm responsible for his decision? I was in the line of traffic and couldn't hug the curb to make my turn because there was a vehicle sitting there waiting to pull out of the bank, so I couldn't swing wide. I said, "Did you raise children? And what did you teach them when caught doing something wrong? Did you teach them to own up or to lie their way out of it? I would expect USAA to have some honor since you associate yourselves with our military!"

Tim

Old 03-01-2024, 01:11 PM   #13
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Good, another reason I refuse to open an AARP envelope. I don't like clubs anyhow. Yeah your homeowners was pretty crappy, glad you got that worked out. Seems to me homeowners is becoming much more selective. My gal's business is property management, where a lot of policies were canceled by insurance companies. Probably doesn't help it's California.

Pics of your house? What's a good old house site on Facebook?
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 01:37 PM   #14
dave6672

If you watch TV, but think about how often you see Jake from State Farm, the Gecko, Flo from Progressive and that guy with an emu and a Duster. If they'd back off the advertising, premiums could go down maybe?

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:06 PM   #15
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

AARPis a bunch of scammers i never forgot what they did to us when they helped with the obamacare stuff, and healthcare went to poop

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:07 PM   #16
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6672 View Post
If you watch TV, but think about how often you see Jake from State Farm, the Gecko, Flo from Progressive and that guy with an emu and a Duster. If they'd back off the advertising, premiums could go down maybe?
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:29 PM   #17
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Good, another reason I refuse to open an AARP envelope. I don't like clubs anyhow.
That makes two of us. I throw them right out.

But I do like clubs... Strip clubs count right?

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-01-2024, 03:02 PM   #18
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I ran across same issue last summer. Same Insurance since we move in (Nationwide). Find out they are dropping all home owners Insurance coverage in Mississippi. Least I had 60 days to find some one else. Then the new company said yes, then month later said I had to replace my roof cause it was over 10 years old. That was a big chunk to come up with in less than 90 days. The roofer said my roof was good, but Insurance said Nope they won't do any old homes (mine is 1955) with roofs over 10. That was the wind pool company for the state. It is very common on the gulf coast here to see insurance go way up or companies drop you. This year happens to be both. Mine over double from last year (3K), plus having to shell out 10+ K for a roof. ON top of that the coverage was less. They wouldn't cover all my out buildings. At least the shop is somewhat covered.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:47 PM   #19
Boog
laying low

Quote:
^^^That's what I've been saying for years. I'm a guy that the more I am bombarded with advertising, the less I am interested in buying a company's products.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:09 PM   #20
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
That makes two of us. I throw them right out.

But I do like clubs... Strip clubs count right?
Yep, they really do.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:34 PM   #21
dmb

I have Virginia Farm Bureau and no problems, but I have a good agent. Your Insurance is only as good as your agent.
dmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 10:54 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb View Post
I have Virginia Farm Bureau and no problems, but I have a good agent. Your Insurance is only as good as your agent.
Let's just hope Virginia Farm Bureau doesn't decide to drop out of carrying homeowner policies. I had Frederick Mutual for over 25 years, no issues and only one inspection that I never heard a thing back on. I had been cancelled by my first company for moss on the cedar shakes on my barn that is still there on one side 25-30 years later. They never needed pictures and no one came out when I first hired them. but they decided to get out of writing homeowner policies. Up until this February I've been telling others with such complaints about their insurance companies how great mine was, just like you did
Quote:
What I noticed was in the great recession when businesses across the board were hurting, sales were down so much and unemployment that income tax and sales tax revenue went down, 30% dropped property values meant less property tax revenue. But almost every ad on TV was insurance companies with fresh ad campaigns advertising a product we are required to have. Mandatory car insurance, homeowners required by mortgage companies, and those with no mortgage will have homeowners if they have any sense. It wasn't advertising to convince you to buy a product. It was a matter of deciding which one on a product you really can't do without

Tim

Old 03-03-2024, 07:21 AM   #23
4u2nv

Are blinkers an option now on a car ?
NOBODY USES THEM !!!
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 08:05 AM   #24
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
NOBODY USES THEM !!!
They've been deemed obsolete since the driver already knows they are turning and they are only concerned about themselves

It's also now ok to pull out in front of oncoming vehicles as long as the driver can judge the oncoming vehicle has enough time to brake to avoid hitting them. No harm no foul. It's a win/win for the driver pulling out and that's all that matters to them

Tim

Old 03-04-2024, 05:01 PM   #25
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
NOBODY USES THEM !!!
They are just too hard to use with a phone in your hand because you might miss something important.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.