The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2021, 05:53 PM   #1
87Skier

GMC grill alignment issues

Hello,

I finally got tired of my top grill molding missing a bunch of chrome, so I decided to replace it and clean up the rest of my grill parts.

I'm installing them and ran into some issues. I know some are common but I don't really know where to go from here.

First, the hood is too close to the bulkhead, but I have no more adjustment on one side. I'll probably just file out the holes in the mount until I get the necessary adjustment.

Second, there is about 3/4" to 1" gap between the hood and top molding.

Third, the gap between hood and grill is not square (larger gap on passenger than driver side).

Fourth, there is virtually no gap between the top molding and the eyebrow trim on the right hand side but a 1/2" gap on the driver side. The grill and top molding are snug fit between fenders and the eyebrow trim fits the same on either side.

Fifth, the attachment points near the headlights that connect the main grill to top molding do not align. If I attach these, the top molding doesn't align with the eyebrow trim on either side. I don't care if these get used or not. They weren't used in the old piece.

I also looked at the rest of panel gaps near the door and cowl, there's nothing to indicate another alignment issue that might need to resolved before this. If I can't figure out anything for this it's something i can live with.
87Skier is offline   Reply With Quote