The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is wrong here? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=737111)

chestypuller 05-04-2017 04:21 AM

What is wrong here?

2 Attachment(s)
Can anyone anwser my question i have about these untrustworthy looking motor mounts i got going on here?

Im in a slightly bad mood tonight as i just got done cracking a new windshield installed in my 71 blazer too. heaven forbid anything go right nowadays.:waah:

thanks, skip

chestypuller 05-04-2017 04:25 AM

Re: What is wrong here?

1 Attachment(s)
pic of windshield i f-ed up since i mentioned it.:m6:

jaros44sr 05-04-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chestypuller (Post 7933780)
Can anyone anwser my question i have about these untrustworthy looking motor mounts i got going on here?

Im in a slightly bad mood tonight as i just got done cracking a new windshield installed in my 71 blazer too. heaven forbid anything go right nowadays.:waah:

thanks, skip

I have a set on my shelf, just like that. For some reason they just don't fit!

Sux on the wind shield

Bigdav160 05-04-2017 10:27 AM

Looks like you found that missing cylinder head bolt.

chestypuller 05-04-2017 12:48 PM

Are you saying these are the wrong part number? Just seems like they would contact more on the frame side. Looks like they hole further back would. Be the right one but then why they dont line up i know the bolts are too long i just grabbed what i had laying around tell i can figure this out. Damn u orielys auto parts!

!whats the corrrect part number this is all they listed

chestypuller 05-05-2017 04:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
measured from spring shackle eye on frame to crossmember for trans, the passanger side is 1 inch closer to the front, thats the most off mount too for the motor. looks like theres holes to move it back, drivers side was 13" passanger side was 14!

why would someone put the passanger side closer to the front seems crazy.

gonna loosen motor mounts up and unbolts the tcase isolators and trans crossmember and slide it back to the other set of holes on just the passanger side. see what happens.

maybe the last owner was a drunk mechanic or something.

4oldcars 05-05-2017 09:46 AM

Look at the lite side - - at least you don't have the chrome trim in your windshield gasket which makes it a lot easier to change

chestypuller 05-09-2017 05:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
moved the passanger side mount for tcase and trans back and wala! everything lines up perfect. wonder how long the fool before me ran it like that.. duh..