The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mounting and Plumbing AccuAir Elevel ideas (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=491271)

Envy 10-28-2011 08:29 PM

Mounting and Plumbing AccuAir Elevel ideas

I need pictures and ideas of how people have been mounting and plumbing their eLevel systems on a 64-72 chassis. Im running dual compressors and dual tanks, one on each side.

lolife99 10-29-2011 06:10 AM

Re: Mounting and Plumbing AccuAir Elevel ideas

Also interested in this.
Anyone?

Pkh66 10-29-2011 08:09 AM

Me too. Was pulling bed tomorrow to get started.
Posted via Mobile Device

72BlckButy 10-30-2011 10:20 AM

Anyone?

Envy 10-30-2011 07:35 PM

No one has any ideas apparently. So i spent my one day a week at the shop pondering this issue. Came up with this idea and although i will refine the output surrounding area by have a plate water jetted and replacing that center area where the manifold mounts, i think im going to go with it, i like it. Protected, centered, hidden, and accessible. The biggest issue im facing now is the fact taht i have to mount the computer so close, but i think i have that figured out, just didnt have time to mock it up yet.
http://s7.postimage.org/tt45v959z/VALVE_MOUNT.jpg

VA72C10 10-30-2011 07:47 PM

Don't hart rod and n2billet have this system installed and rckcrln had it on his tahoe build before selling...

Envy 10-30-2011 07:49 PM

My plan is to cut out the area that the VU4 tucked up into, and weld in a thick piece of plate flush at the top so that i can tap it and do away with the mounting nuts. Il then have two plates (one for each side) water jetted or milled to perfectly surround the push-to-fit connections for a cleaner look.
The reason for this is that the aluminum manifold fits perfectly into that crossmember, but the protruding connectors keep it from fitting, so i had to carve it out the same on both sides. The new sides will be welded to the new top plate and provide the necessary clearance on the inside since they will be on the outside of the crossmember.

The computer will be mounted upside down in the crossmember with the connectors facing toward the back. The backside of the crossmember will be altered and carved out to clear and shroud the connections. The crossmember also provides nice protective hideaway for the wiring and air inputs.

dznucks 11-01-2011 01:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It all depends on how creative you want to get and how clean you want it to look.

My system is not show quality, but.....I am running a single compressor and two 3 gal tanks. I attached a basic diagram I made when I was at the same point you are. You can get an idea of how the components, wiring, and tubing are routed.

I installed the valve and ECU in a enclosure for protection. It also made more sense to me to keep all the wiring and tubing inside the frame rails.

I know you said you have 2 compressors so you may want to mount the compressors close to the tanks. Keep in mind the intake filter for the compressor. You dont want the tires throwing water on it.

belowme51 11-01-2011 02:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
if you want a clean set up the EXO mount is the way to go......but you have comps and tanks already....here are a few shots of mine...i did make sure to get the mounting bracket they use for the EXO kit so you can mount the valve, ecu, and fuses all in one tidy place....at that point you can determine where you want it all.....keep it close for wire lenght reasons....the standoffs on the frame at are 2" and threaded on both ends for attachment of the sensors and the clamps are just diameter matched and I drilled and tapped them for the ball mounts to keep it clean...just some Ideas but make it yours.

Envy 11-12-2011 08:33 PM

Thats an awesome setup.
Would there be any issues mounting the VU4 manifold upside down?

belowme51 11-13-2011 11:53 AM

no you can mount the vu4 any way that you want....its all your valves in one tidy package but does not matter how you mount being its ran off the connections and air pressure.

kieth 11-13-2011 01:13 PM

Using the Accuair manifold is the way to go, it eliminates plumbing and wiring which can really be a headache. Its sounds expensive when you first look at it, but when you see how compact and easy it makes wiring and plumbing you begin to see it really saves money in the long run. Try to use those push on fittings anywhere you can, they do not leak and make installing and routing air lines a breeze. Kieth

I am trying to come up with a inexpensive york 210 air compressor so i can eliminate the electric compressors and their inheritant problems. Have not found one yet but will soon, plan to mount it where the smog pump was once located on my tbi 350 ....

ChopperCity256 09-13-2012 10:55 PM

anymore pictures of peoples set ups? i'm at this point now!

Square_78 01-04-2013 09:24 AM

Anyone use the EXO mount somewhere under the bed? I want to use the mount so I can keep everything together. I dont want it in the back of the bed for security reasons as the truck will be parked outside sometimes at night. I've got the accuair eLevel kit with dual compressors and I am getting ready to start figuring out where to mount everything... I was thinking to mount the EXO somewhere in the back where the spare tire would be under the bed.

PBFAB.COM 01-04-2013 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We made this cool little panel for Old Aux.... keeps everything in one spot and can easily be tailored to fit under the bed. Comes with all the mounting holes pre-drilled for easy installation of all the electrical components.

jimmydean 01-04-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods (Post 5795180)
We made this cool little panel for Old Aux.... keeps everything in one spot and can easily be tailored to fit under the bed. Comes with all the mounting holes pre-drilled for easy installation of all the electrical components.

That looks great! I was looking to do something similar to that between my rear mounted compressors.

72BlckButy 01-06-2013 01:58 PM

Nice install Nate!

Any others out there?

gofast68c20 01-06-2013 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine
Posted via Mobile Device

72BlckButy 01-06-2013 08:10 PM

Those hardlines look great!

superflysteiny 01-06-2013 11:51 PM

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture036.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture037.jpg
I know it is not accuair but it will be in a week so I will get you more pics then
Posted via Mobile Device

Square_78 01-29-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Very cool idea! Keeps everything neat and secure.

baggedbigblock 01-30-2013 03:35 PM

Wow, What a frame Superflysteiny!!! JEEZ!!!

superflysteiny 02-02-2013 02:05 PM

Wait till its done
Posted via Mobile Device

knomadd 10-13-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Anyone got more pics of the porterbuilt piece? I'm curious where this is installed.

ddubbs 10-14-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 6313806)
Anyone got more pics of the porterbuilt piece? I'm curious where this is installed.

They have this panel mounted by the front bed panel. The piece of Steel above it is the raised bed floor. If you want to see a better pic look at Old Aux build thread. Better picture there.