The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   No Limit Square Body 4-Bar (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=754068)

robnolimit 01-04-2018 11:59 AM

No Limit Square Body 4-Bar

1 Attachment(s)
We have now finished our first production run of Square Body FatBar 4-bar systems. Two years of testing and fitment checks have paid off well. This may be our best FatBar system yet, with the ride height, roll center and anti-squat matched perfectly to the truck.

These kits are as complete as we could make them to help with an easy install. All of the chassis side brackets fit OE holes in the chassis. An aluminum 'C' notch template (no flimsy paper) makes locating the notch cut easy and accurate. All hardware is grade-8. You get: Chassis side 4-Bar mounting brackets, integrated 'C' notch with upper coil-over mounts, notch brace crossmember with panhard bar mount and brake line tab, Axle mounts for coil-overs, 4-bars and panhard mount, FatBars and panhard bar with stainless adjusters, Coil-over shocks and springs and all hardware and instructions. The complete kit is priced at $1590.

There are a few things to note.

* Ride height is adjustable. Drop from stock height is appx 4" to 7"

* This kit fits Short bed and Longbed, but not Blazer. We are working on it.

* The four bars and coil-overs are outboard. Total space required is 4" out from the frame. this is about 3/4" more room than the leaf. You can widen the tubb to get 16" of tire clearance.

* The front 4-bar mount locates to the front side of the OE leaf mount holes. This is needed to fit the longer bars to get the geometry correct. Due to the bar length, OE "outboard" mounted fuel tanks will NOT fit.

* Yes, your forum discount applies.

808_67C10 01-06-2018 09:58 PM

Re: No Limit Square Body 4-Bar

Rob, that is a pretty bad ass set up! I damn sure wish shipping to Hawaii wasn't so crazy! The price you pay to live in paradise (and rust). :devil::waah:

Is there a reason the c notch is so shallow? It looks like you could get a lil more out of it and still be safe? Your the expert though - just wondering if there is a reason.

catch2otwo 01-06-2018 10:51 PM

So this is a coil over conversion kit? Will the blazer kit fit a burb?

robnolimit 01-07-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808_67C10 (Post 8153731)
Rob, that is a pretty bad ass set up! I damn sure wish shipping to Hawaii wasn't so crazy! The price you pay to live in paradise (and rust). :devil::waah:

Is there a reason the c notch is so shallow? It looks like you could get a lil more out of it and still be safe? Your the expert though - just wondering if there is a reason.

**ALWAYS USE A TAPE MEASURE **** lol. Sure, the notch looks a little small. BUT, at some point, the axle hitting the frame is not the problem, the top of the third member will smack the bed floor. So, since this kit was developed for stock bed floor trucks, there was no reason to notch farther than that. It does make me wonder if other manufacturers actually planned this out, or just cut half the frame and called it a day. :)

robnolimit 01-07-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch2otwo (Post 8153785)
So this is a coil over conversion kit? Will the blazer kit fit a burb?

Yes, coil-over & 4-bar, no more leafs. Does not fit Blazer, yet. We have not fit a 'Burb, but this should be the same as LWB. ??

808_67C10 01-07-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robnolimit (Post 8154207)
**ALWAYS USE A TAPE MEASURE **** lol. Sure, the notch looks a little small. BUT, at some point, the axle hitting the frame is not the problem, the top of the third member will smack the bed floor. So, since this kit was developed for stock bed floor trucks, there was no reason to notch farther than that. It does make me wonder if other manufacturers actually planned this out, or just cut half the frame and called it a day. :)

Good point. I often wondered the same with C-notches. Also, I would be curious to see what happens if a truck with a bolt in (or even a weld in) C-notch gets rear ended. Your looks like it would be much stronger in that unlikely event. Killer looking product, as always!!!