View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #78
HotRodYJ

Re: Cross Member Drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
i can see 'um now
looks good, you got the tilt hood figured out completely?
Still need to put the rollers and guides for the rear corners of the hood, but I've got that worked out how to do it. Also the little springs on the hood end of the hinge are probably temporary. I'll switch to gas cylinders look for a cleaner before I call it done. There is a ton of stress on the top of the core support wiith that heavy hood hangiong out there like that. Waiting on a buddy of mine to bring me some 1/4" stainless rod. This will be used to make tie-rods which will run from the top of the core support back to the firewall. As it is right now, it actually moves the core support out some (bending it) with the weight of the hood pulling it forward. Tie-rods will fix this and keep a classic look. About all of the old cars had tie rods anyway. Stainless so I can polish them and make them pretty.

Looks like the host server where the pics are located is moving today. My pics aren't in my gallery there anymore must have gotten crossed up. I'll reload them again and fix the links when i get home today.

My junk: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=480902

Last edited by HotRodYJ; 08-08-2008 at 08:09 AM.
HotRodYJ is offline   Reply With Quote