View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 PM   #163
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Today's progress:

I finished up the initial install on the Brother's one piece windows. Kinda a PITA. I thought the instructions left a lot to be desired. I'll have to finish the install once everything is painted. I did find that I have some rust to repair under one of the door hinges too.

The other day I mounted up the fender, door, and cowl and everything didn't fit real well. So I moved the cab a little (it's not bolted down yet...) and set the door where it lines up nicely, then I installed the fender and cowl. I had to do a little "adjustment" to get the lower corner of the front fender to fit good.

I didn't really like the way the gap around the door was with the drip rail missing, so I took a little advice from Frizzle Fry and filled in some of the gap with some 3/16 rod. Seemed to really help fill the gap.

I also got my other fender and grill down from my storage area. And went ahead and threw on the grill just for kicks.

I now see what piece I'm going to have to get at the salvage yard to get rid of the blinkers (they'll be in the headlights)

Finally, I spent some time cleaning up the garage. The 900 square foot 3 car garage had so much stuff spread out in it that I couldn't get any other cars in there.....now I can get 3 in there. Here is a pick of the parts I have to go back on the truck....using it for storage:

Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote