View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #171
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabalais View Post
Nice work, where did you get the tublar engine frame mounts?
I can't remember....I'll do some checking

I managed to get the rust around the rear window cut out and replaced with new metal, welded, and cleaned up. Turned out pretty good. I didn't get any pictures though.

Earlier last week I got my van tilt column's neutral safety switch relocated. I went to check how it fit's and installs and I realized that I'm missing the support that goes on the firewall. I must have sold it with the non tilt steering columns that I sold. Oops!

So tomorrow I'll run by the salvage yard and hopefully get one of those brackets (this place has ~5 67-72s, so hopefully I'll be able to find one bracket. While I'm there, I'm also going to try to get a 67-68 upper grill insert to put in my lower grill, since my turn signals are in the head lights.

I'm also going to make some phone calls and talk to some shops about painting my truck. I have one shop in mind. I had this shop repair my corvette's front bumper (wife backed into it). So they did a good job on that, and was willing to take on a restoration paint job (several of the other body shops I went to don't even do restoration paint work.)

I also went by another shop that also came recommended a week or two ago. Talking to them, they said there average paint job is $14k!!! I don't think I want to pay that much for paint, since I'm going to drive this thing!

So we'll see what I find out this week. Before I choose a shop, I'm going to get some references from people who they've done restoration paint jobs for....see how it turned out, if it was on time and on budget.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote