View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:56 PM   #90
HuggerCST

Re: Bad Deal with bryanschevyparts---

I finally got my deal done with Bryan. Back in August, Bryan had a blazer windshield frame that I was interested in. I didn't have the extra cash, so we eventually agreed that I would trade my used fender, tach, and a manual for the windshield frame. I box up the fender in one box, and the tach and book in another. After waiting a few days (mid september) for him to get ready, I drop off the tach and book at the post office, and call DHL to pick up the fender. Before they pick it up I get a PM from Bryan saying that it's going to be a "pain in the butt" and too expensive to ship the frame, and wouldn't be a fair trade, so he's going to just try to sell it locally. At this point I'm aggravated, but he agrees to send the tach and book back when he got it, so I blow it off. The next day I sent him a PM telling him to hang on to the stuff for a few days and maybe I can come up with something to make it worth while for him. 9-23 I get a PM from him saying "i saw your gas tailight and it is awesome!! would this be of any interest for you to fab me one?if so i would send this frame out this week?" So, I agree to build him one, which takes me a few weeks. 11-19-(still no frame) I send him a PM saying that I'm ready to ship and get no response.(He ignores PMs sometimes) So, I sent him another one. He sends me several excuses over the next few weeks, meanwhile this thread is getting heated, so finally I send him a PM on 12-12 telling him to either send the frame or $100 to cover the tach and book. After more excuses and some help from Liz and Special K, I finally got the $100 on 12-23.
Lesson for all- If you make a deal on this board-
#1 Do what you agreed to do.
#2 Answer PMs promptly. ESPECIALLY if you have someone's money or parts.
#3 If you have been paid, don't mess around, get the part(s) shipped. More than a week is too long. I've been buying and selling on this board for 7 years and have never been screwed. I thought that this was going to be the first, but at least I got my money back.
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com

Last edited by HuggerCST; 01-01-2009 at 12:12 AM.
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote