Thread: Got a new truck
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #265
onlyifihadachevy

Re: Got a new truck

A part of the v
Well and a good long hard day of wheeling. Couldn't make the cement hill thing with ease so, I did the v and the truck was overheating. We let it cool then we went on the jungle trail where a line of jeeps were going thru 1 at a time.

My dad And I watched them for a while, then I needed to use the bathroom. We drove to camp then back to jungle and the line was gone. So I was driving it and then got behind a eb.
While waiting my water hose blew. I thought it was the end of the day but it just popped off. We needed water so a guy from the group of jeeps went to camp and got us water. Then I drove jungle and they said a truck was stuck a few turns in front of me. At this point the group in front of me pulled off the trail. I had driven up further than them and didn't want to backdown but I tried pulling out and couldn't I walked up to where the truck was stuck and they were working on getting it out. I thought I could go around thru a bpass. But, my steering was going out so I got right behind where the truck was stuck and waited.

After they got out the way they said they didn't think I could make it because it was like a bottomless pit in the v in the trail. I tried to go up the side to skip that part wasn't working out How I plan so I stood on it in g-low or 2nd made it. went further up and did a little hill climb trying to get back to camp. After about an hour of struggling with the steering to get off the trail we did.

And thats how our day went Just jungle trail. Will upload pics In a few minutes.
And where I couldn't get out.
Edit: the truck wasn't stuck in that postion, that was after it was unstuck and trying to turn around. HAd a broken front passenger side shaft

72 gmc 2500 2wd drive convert

My 72 thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=346712

THe other truck, wheeler 69 1/2 4x4, yellow and rusty.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=350300

Last edited by onlyifihadachevy; 03-14-2010 at 11:21 PM.
onlyifihadachevy is offline   Reply With Quote