View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #163
Tow Me
Glen

Re: Crewella - My '81 crew cab, short bed 1/2 ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathansmith15 View Post
hey . . . this might seem like a stupid question to u guys . . . i have an 83 longbed silverado and i want it lowered i was thinkin bout a flip kit but all of em ive found have been 6inches and said u have to notch the frame are there any that you dont have to cut the frame
I would definitely say go with a flip kit if you're going to lower your truck. In the past I was never happy with a shackle and hanger kit. I found my bracket on eBay for around $65 or you can get a full kit (like Bell Tech or DJM) with shock extenders, c-notch, brackets, and new u-bolts for more dough. Many guys on this forum don't run a notch, but I would recommend doing it at some point. You also have to remove the factory bump stop for clearance, but you can buy a smaller one through Summit or other automotive parts suppliers. If you don't buy a the full flip kit, you still will need to upgrade you rear shocks as well since the stock shocks will be too long. A good set of lowering shocks would be ideal, but you can get away with a shorter set of heavy duty gas shocks. Don't forget the drop spindles for the front!

Do a search on the forums and Im sure you can find pics of lowered long beds. Good luck!
  • 1983 Chevrolet C10 - Ginger
    Photos

Past Trucks
Tow Me is offline   Reply With Quote