View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #64
Ackattack

Re: Project No-buck!

I got the parking brake re-assembled, and the bed on.

I had to rebuild the carb too. When I fired it up after getting the engine in, I could only get it to idle at about 1400 rpms. I took the carb off and there was a gel like substance in the fuel bowls. I tried doing a quickie clean by spraying out the bowls and idle circuit, but that didn't work. So I rebuilt the whole thing. I also added some gas. I was nearly empty and must have sucked some crap up into the carb.

I also got the front and rear bumpers on, as well as headlights installed.

I drove the truck on the road last night (now that it is legal and registered again). It has a pretty bad vibration about 25. I think the main cause of that is I used the same rear driveshshaft from the dana 60 with the "new" 12 bolt. The 12 bolt isn't as long, so it pulls the driveshaft back, so there isn't as much engagement with the front driveshaft. Plus since I cut the front driveshaft for the shortbed coversion, that doesn't help either, so it will need a new driveshaft (I'll just go with a 1 piece)

I'm supposed to be selling the truck, since we are moving in 10 days, but I don't see that happening (especially since I won't be here for a weekend in that time) so I'm not sure what I'm doing with this truck. I really want to keep it, but my wife isn't too hip on that idea.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote