View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Portmod7

Re: Getting ready to remove cab floor Need Bracing Pics

Not sure if this helps or not. I thought I had some better pictures, but can't seem to find them right now.

I made some plates that bolt-in at each door hinge mount, and a plate to replace the striker plate(correct term?) at the rear of the door where it latches. I connected the two hinge plates with a piece of square tube, and then triangulated two pieces of square tube from the hinge plates back to the striker plate. I did this on both sides. Then I bolted in x-bracing across the cab.

The goal of my replacement was not to disturb any of the paint on the outside of the cab, and I didn't want to weld my bracing to the cab in any way, that's why I tried to make it all bolt-on.

I'm not sure if I did it right, wrong, whatever. I think it worked out pretty good, although the cab is still sitting just like you see in the pics, only with a new floor, front cab corners, kick panels, and some small floor patches forward of the new floor I got. I haven't put the doors on yet, or had it back on the truck. But with the replacement floors built the way they are, I think if you can get it in there, and in the right spot, I don't see how you could have any issues.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Portmod7 is offline   Reply With Quote