View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #50
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Re: Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Nice! Looking good!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 502ms View Post
Great job! Love the shop! Lift coming next?
I might have missed it, but you said 2 motors were toast, what did you end up with?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, Wish I could get a lift, but I think the celing is too low to really be functional. I still ended up using a 454 block, but built a 496 out of it, I am little modest when I say 625hp ...although it is completely overkill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathonhargreaves View Post
Subscribed! Looks like its coming along nicely, and glad to see another Alberta build! I might be hitting you up for some pointers, I plan on converting to bags this spring/summer rather than coils.
No prob. it's easy if you buy bolt on parts, little harder if you do the route I took modifying stock control arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by (joey) View Post
great job so far.also ...love the man cave
Thanks, it was a lot of work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Nice build, looks great and that motor is going to be wicked fast!
thanks, yea it should be a pretty good vette killer, I am also going to design my own launch control electronically transfering unsprung weight with the airbags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom View Post
subscribed. nice work!
Thanks!

Did some shopping today and got a fair bit done also.
Hooked up the dizzy properly, set the wires up perfect this time. and installed fuel lines to the reg. darn braided lines are such a pain to work with, but sharpen things up nice.
Name:  March 7th 2012 001 (Small).JPG
Views: 1791
Size:  85.8 KB
welded together some temporary exhaust, this way I can test the truck and actually drive it to the muffler shop when needed.
Name:  March 7th 2012 002 (Small).JPG
Views: 1785
Size:  94.1 KB
Photos didn't turn out so nice, I'll have to redo this with some better lighting, but here I am about 3/4" from the ground, so I can't get this truck much lower with the stock cross member. I sure hope my factory tubs will allow me to get this low.
Name:  March 7th 2012 003 (Small).JPG
Views: 1776
Size:  101.2 KB
again, poor photo, but the exhaust is about 1/2" from the floor. I must have had the headders on and off 6 times the last two days!
Name:  March 7th 2012 004 (Small).JPG
Views: 1777
Size:  101.2 KB
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote