Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #67
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

Wheelie, Thank you.

Finally back in the garage. Cut and fit the rest of the small boxing plates and the welded them in. I also welded in the drivers side fish plates. Then after that check to see that everything was level and layed out the floor to set the wheel base and to check everything for being square. I used a plumb bob to check and set everything and then used chalk lines on the floor. A little secret is the use clear spray paint to spray over it so it does not blow away. That is if you have a ****ty floor like mine(not one with epoxy or painted). Everything checked out great. I set the wheel base at 117" so the rear wheel are centered in the wheel wells. I cut out the bat wing mounts and have it set up with them. Next is to make a fixture to go across the top if the frame and bolt through the spring holes to pull the outer axles up to ride height. Then I will make sure at ride height that it is where I want it. I am going to put a tube in to catch the nose of the rear and tie it into the transmission cross member. Then comes the 4 bar on the sides. I need to get new metric blots and make some crush tubes to put in the frame so they will bolt through it. I have to figure out the shock mounts next. But hopefully it will be a roller next weekend. Here are some pictures.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote