View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #22
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: 65 Big Window Build / Retro Mod …...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnova View Post
Hey Guys, I just bought a 65 Big Window Fleet Side It's looks to be a really nice truck with 33,500 original miles. (I will try to post some pics ASAP) The truck is basically bone stock with 283 manual 3 on tree, manual steering, manual drums withs 15'' stock steel wheels. I have read a lot of stickies and threads about big brakes and suspension changes. The question I have is……If you guys were going to make this truck a very nice go anywhere (that could be daily driven) C10 with a nice low stance, how would you go about it? What components would you use and why? I have a 67 NOVA with Heidts front IFS and rear 4 link thats rides like a dream and goes straight (even with a supercharger LS3) so I am somewhat familiar with suspension mods and I really like the Heidts stuff. I would like to use fairly big 4 wheel disk and some type of power steering or maybe power rack. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This is one great forum you guys have going! I can see its going to cost me BIG BUCKS……. Thanks...
You bought a VERY nice truck.
I would look at Porterbuilt Fabrication.
Either their air bag set up or coil over chassis parts,...
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote