View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #550
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

A little update: the truck has been running pretty good since I moved.

I have worked on the steering a little. I don't have a welder plug in at my rental house, so I made up a new drag link at a buddy's house to help center my steering wheel.

The sway bar mount I made broke so the sway bar isn't doing anything. I'm not surprised as the metal was very thin to clear the tie rod. I'll have to repair it later.

Had the alternator die on me. It didn't put the truck out of service, as I noticed it was going out before it became a problem. While I had the fan shroud out to gain access to the belt, I went ahead and dropped in some cardboard in front of the radiator for the winter.

Finally over the last few days I noticed fuel under the truck. I took some time today and investigated it. Turns out the return line was rubbing on a weld on the frame and rubbed a small hole in it. I cut out that section and replaced it with some rubber hose, and then put some heater hose over it to help protect it.

Nothing too serious for 6 plus months on a truck like this that is my daily driver.

In other news we sold our old house yesterday and will be buying a new house. We should close on it towards the end of January. We had the inspection today and there are a few things that will need repaired. The house has a attached 4 car garage (3 cars wide and 1 is 2 cars deep). I measured the doors, and I'll be able to get the truck into the garage.

Oh yeah there's also a shop

The main shop is 42x52, heated and insulated. It has some built in cabinets too. The cars and the lift doesn't come with it though

There is also a 16x42 "man cave" that includes a 3/4 bath

Also there is a pole barn that is 42x32 (or 36) with dirt floors. For now I'm thinking I'm going to rent out the pole barn for RV parking to make a little play money.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote