View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 72 Suburban front suspension decision making help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tontruck View Post
Ok, Looking to rebuild the front suspension on the 72 Suburban, here are my choices.
#1.. Rebuild the factory control arms with the steel bushings and buy drop spindles. Use factory steering items. (still have possible camber issues)

#2.. Rebuild a set of 73-87 Control arms and use the Bell Tech spindles ( I have a set of control arms and spindles already) and replace all the steering components. (still have possible camber issues)
#3.. Buy a set of tubular control arms to correct the camber issues commonly found in a lowered truck.

I used a set of upper control arms on my old 81 Chevy truck that were 1 inch longer, the company that made them were Chilsom, they worked great! No camber issues at all.. I wish I could find a set of those .....

I have about a 1000.00 budget and that includes doing some minimal brake work that is needed. Just looking for a little guidance....

I guess I would do #2.

As far as the camber issues that is what alignment shops are for. I just took my '67 Panel Truck to the alignment shop last Monday ('75 front cross member, 2 inch drop spindles) No problem with the alignment. Took about an hour and he charged me $40. I gave him $50 and still felt guilty....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote