View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 67 chevy 250. No crank, start, lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgicm View Post
So I have a 67 chevy step van which is same as c10 basically. Started it fine today. Wenr back about an hour later and nothing. No crank, no dash lights ,no headlights, no nothing. Brand new battery today and same. 12v light test showed power at big bolt on starter. Nothing on other terminal which has wire to ignition switch. Fuses all look good. This one has me stumped as it just started an hour ago. I am stumped. I put screwdriver across both starter bolts..big spark and sounded like it was cranking. Screwdriver fell as it startled me a bit..assumed I would get nothing. Just don't get it...why no power anywhere...and it worked.fine earlier.

A side bizarre thing is I found something dangling under the truck..with wires to it. No idea what it is.. pic attched. Looks like some kind of switch.

Thanks kevin

You wouldn't have power to the small terminal on the solenoid unless the key was in the "Start" position. I don't recognize the switch but I'm bettin' it is the neutral safety switch and that is why your starter circuit is dead.... As far as the headlights check the fuse.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote