Thread: My 87 SWB
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
dropd80s

My 87 SWB

I thought I would start a build thread for my current project before it changes again!
Sorry some of the pics are terrible quality, had a bad camera on my phone through some of the process!

I started a build thread on my 76 K5 but I ended up buying a few other trucks and the focus for the K5 shifted from just getting it on the road to have something to drive to a proper build with a new chassis for 24x15s etc. This left me with a set of 22” bonspeeds and a narrowed rear end for them that would need a new home.

Here's the thread on my K5 and a pic.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559900

Enter the 87.

I found this truck on CL for a decent price. Nice, decently straight, rust free, original paint 87. TBI 350 and 700r4 still intact, the truck ran great, AC worked. The truck looks great in pics and is honestly a 20 footer. There’s not one panel that isn’t dented or scratched, but it’s all one color so it made its way home with me.
The guy I bought it from had it a few months, purchased from the original owner, cleaned up a few items, removed the fender emblems and tailgate band and lowered the truck a little and put a fresh set of tires on her.

Dropped and LS Swapped SWB 87 Build Thread
dropd80s is offline   Reply With Quote