View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:30 PM   #1158
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarius_Starchaser View Post
Nice work Doug I too find a rare occasion where all of my efforts go well and smooth but when they do they sure do work

I agree with your words on the fires my Fiancé has family from there who is directly impacted and are currently displaced and have no idea if their home is gone. It makes you think of how fragile and fleating a lot of our "prized possessions" for now all we can do is pray for wisdom of the men and woman fighting the fires and for rain and lots of it to stem the flames
Thanks Val...sometimes it goes right. The fires in Canada are terrible with so many lives uprooted and changed for ever. Wish the rain we have been getting was there instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
The notch looks good Doug. Nice work....
Late Sunday was good for me to get in a little garage time as well..

Marc
Hey thanks Marc. You did real good work for late on a Sunday. I start running out of gas. Way back, a buddy and I would work on the race car all Friday night and head for the track in Frederick, MD to drag race on Saturday. That was 25 years ago though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach529 View Post
Great looking notch. It sure is fun when it all goes good.
Thank you Coach. When it was going smoothly I was thinking of your build and how the welding was going smoothly...then how the front suspension and one of the rear knuckles really fought you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkn463 View Post
Hi AD,

I've been reading this thread for a week now since you posted on my c50 build. I wish I had your body working skills, you do great work! I've always loved this series of chevy truck and the burb is just that much more cool. Thanks for sharing your journey, your life and your faith with us.

-Richard
Richard, thank you for your kind words. And for hanging in there through this long journey of a build thread. You have some very creative ideas going with your build and I love that. And the Lord has worked in our lives in amazing ways. I give Him the glory.

Wife and I went to the shop for a bit this evening. I had to make sure the drive shaft really would clear the notch. Whew...

Then I stared at the frame and exhaust pieces for like a half hour thinking...some parts are slip fit, some butt weld, and it all needs fabricating together. How do I position the pieces to lay them out, measure for needed cuts and support for welding? Came up with an idea I will try next week end. If it works I will share it and if it doesn't we will pretend it didn't happen.

Yeah, I am overthinking this one...
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote