View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #1161
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
The notch looks good and strong enough for what it is. For the exhaust I would start at the front attach and tack weld as you move back. That is how I did mine, just make sure you can remove it before you weld to much in case you need to add a flange.
Thanks Lower, I think it will be strong enough for the loads it will have. Yep, planning to start at the front and work my way back with tack welds. I need to position the X pipe where it needs to be and work back to it. Then a very short run to mufflers and a 90 out to the flex pipe and running board outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number98 View Post
I have been slacking on this thread, I had to go back and read several pages and get caught up. Looking good AD!
Hey 98 good to see you back. I've been enjoying Betty's updates and I ...for a second...thought I was on the wrong build when Nsane was posting pics. Imagine they will do a great job with the metal while you redo the engine.

My AADD was kicking in and I stopped to look at this one. No powertrain installed and has new paint and decent chrome for $3k. Retired new car dealer had a guy do paint and body. He wasn't happy with result so stopped the restoration. Thinking it is perfect for my next LS swap project.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote