View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #1168
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
I don't like the idea of you toying with the idea of picking up another project. if I'm going to finish 3rd on the Suburban build off it could really put my strong hold on 3rd place in jeopardy...

The notch looks like it worked out well...

Marc
That gave me a smile and chuckle! Truck could have been a good possible to have on deck after the Burb. I think the notch will work too. Kinda copied Old n slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
yeowch, I love the 67-8 front ends the best too.
They do look good. Yeowch is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarius_Starchaser View Post
Definitely pass on the truck there's better opportunities out there Doug
For sure Val. Eventually the right something for the next build will fall in my lap. Knowing this retired dealer and his cars, I figured this one had to be rock solid before he spent money on paint...nope. Always pays to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburgh View Post
One thing is for sure my next project will not be a vehicle from the east or Midwest.
Southern and west cars are just head and shoulders better. The Burb was bad enough but the 56 is just getting old cutting and replacing metal. Not to mention $$$ on trim
You and me both Iceburgh. My 48 truck was rock solid and was a pleasure to build. This Burb was decent though not perfect. Next one has gotta be nice. Something like this one...http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...onversion.html

I think I asked before, do you have a build thread going anywhere on your 56?
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote