View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 10:05 PM   #1339
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Yes Doug I wish you would figure out what accessory drive we need to run...I'm just about to mount my front fenders to see what trimming I need to do for the steering linkage.

Marc
Hey Marc...almost there. Some time ago in this ginormous build thread I placed pics with width measurements to the inner fenders. I recall the truck alternator and power steering will clear on left side. Right side with AC is more of a problem. Holley has a top mount with a peanut compressor that might clear. Not sure what a peanut compressor is nor if it will work for the Burb. Iceburgh tried the Alan Grove for AC down low and it wouldn't fit. He went with Visual Impact System front runner and they run about $1,900 ish. I had concerns since they don't use an idler. They don't have one in black and that is what I want.

Before you do your inner fenders, check out Oldman3 inners. Very nice fab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
There is chlorinated and non-chlorinated brake clean. Use the non-chlorinated stuff if your going to do any welding. It's the only kind I use and make sure it is dry. The Wegner web sight is being re done
Thanks Lower, good info on the brake clean. Yeah, their website has been under construction since I stumbled across them on a Kwhizz build on LS1Tech. They seem to be involved in a number of high end builds, including Ring Brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post
Hey Guy's as far as the component brackets go you can go with the Allen Grove Components brackets. This is is the same setup I used on Blakes truck.

Pic #1. This is the high mount setup (truck 5.3) new tensioner and belt inc. $240.00

Pic #2. All mounted to the motor,fairly clean setup.

Pic #3. The dimensions of the kit Only 17" from center of crank pully.

Pic #4. This is the low mount for the (truck 5.3) $175.00

Pic #5. The dimensions are pretty tight to the block providing you have room between the block and your frame this might be a good option.

That being said I used the stock alt bracket from the 5.3 and cleaned it up real nice and painted it black to match the engine as well as the new A/C bracket and they disappear.
I just bought the high mount for John's 49 Dodge as well for his A/C install.
This a cheap alt. to having to spend a boat load on a serp. setup!
Awesome info Mark. Thank you!

Quote:
Doug,to answer your question this is the motor that is going in the 38 chevy for troy. It does not have power steering so the pump was removed from the bracket and the bracket will be shaved to make it more streamlined.

Mark...
Beautiful! What did you paint it with?

Quote:
Blakes all installed for reference

Mark...
Very nice! Where did you get the black alternator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
wow I missed all this and just got caught up! you sure are going the extra mile with your engine, that will really pay off in the looks.

I wish I had the room for that seating area. work is overrated!
Yeah thanks...I am going for the "Dang, that looks really good!" comments when the hood goes up look. If I can plan and execute it right. My imagination lacks and I bumble along.

Here is a sneak peek of a bit of what I have in mind....
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote