View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:27 PM   #1344
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Doug

That intake is going to look great in your suburban. it will soak up some of the excess engine bay head space that the AD's have. It looks good seeing it on the ground. In need to barrow the (front) 20's off of my 48 to check fitment up front.

Keep at it. Don't loose sight of your 2nd place trophy.

Marc
Thanks Marc, surely the 20's will fit your Burb. 2nd place....I need to get in the shop more to get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post
Doug...answer to ? #1 The paint I used was all rattle bomb first was shot with Epoxy primer and then it was topped off with High Heat Ceramic paint for the block. The Intake was Shop line Satin black I had here at the shop.
Answer ? #2. The alternator was a factory unit That I shot with the same paint as the Intake.

Mark...
Appreciate the info Mark. Please remember, when you and Jim run the paint and interior class I am first in line. I really need to learn some rudimentary painting skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
Looks like you have a space problem in your Sub, Doug.
The few times I see one overhere they look big.
I reccon a LS motor is bigger then an old small block?

I like the intake setup, is this a High Rise manifold or stock?
Looks good tho!!

And I love to come over and stripe your firewall, I'll even do it for free for you!!
Unfortunatly I'm short on money to buy tickets...
But.....we are thinking about driving a camper through America next year, so who knows what will happen
Hey Kees, the LS and SBC are pretty close size wise. The intake is a Holley high rise that I think I will use. From a performance standpoint for horse power or torque it helps absolutely not at all. Probably hurts a bit. And I just want to build one for the look I want...just having fun.

That would be so cool if you guys came through with a camper! We have a lot of space and you would be very welcome. Hope you can do it!

52MNresto sent me a PM suggesting this company might be a good one to check out for accessory drives. Thanks again 52...!
http://www.cvfracing.com/Black-Chevy...pentine-ac.htm
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote