View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 10:04 PM   #1201
Kim57

Re: My 57 Pro Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Man, everything looks great, Kim! If you're, "not a body man" you're doing a helluva good impression of one, ha ha.

What will you use for gauges on your dash? I thought long & hard about smoothing my dash but leaving the hump instead of the '55 car dash. In fact I almost went with it when the first deal I found on a car dash fell through. Really looking forward to how you finish it.

Maybe I missed it - do you have a final color in mind? I ask because with all the nice custom work you're doing it would be nice to have your firewall and inner fenders match the outside - but that's just my opinion and you know what those are worth, ha ha!
Thanks.
I'm leaning toward old school gauges. I think they will fit the theme of the truck.
Final color right now is a mid sixties Chevelle light metallic blue.
With my engine color not sure how it will look under the hood (not much contrast).
White fire wall is definitely out as I want it to be a daily driver and easy maintenance is a must.
I like how my frame turned out with the Hammered Rustoleum and have played around with the silver on a small panel.
Kim