View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: HEI Distributor Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swac View Post
I have a 1967 Chevy C10 Step-side and I have switched to a HEI distributor and I am trying to run a 12 g wire from the IGN fuse box through the firewall to the HEI distributor to the positive side. My question is how? Pictures would be greatly appreciated on how to do this and I welcome all suggestions. I am not understanding how to run the wire to the HEI dizzy (i.e., do I unplug the wire that is normally plugged into the port and just run the single 12g wire and put some type of connector into that port?) Again any information would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance! Lastly, any info and pictures on how to wire the 12g to the fuse box would be a great help as well and pictures would be wonderful. Thx again!

There is a terminal in the fuse box marked "IGN UNFUSED" you will need a wire with a female spade terminal on the end of it to plug into that. Then just run the wire through the firewall and figure out the length you will need to to connect it to the "BATT" terminal on the HEI. You will have to install another female spade connector on the wire to connect to the "BATT" terminal.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote