Thread: WIW section?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #20
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: WIW section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I am not mixing up my comparison, and I did not overlook the people who love to help. I happen to think that people who vote on a price with their WALLET instead of their best intentions are the drivers of value, which is why I suggested going to ebay where the parts have actually sold.

many times I have also be disappointed by high estimates from helpful people who 1) would not buy it at that price or even half, and 2) after it sells for a lower price will say "oh you gave that away". well, it was theirs for the asking at the price they told me to expect. conversely, many times I have been discouraged by local response and flat out surprised by ebay response, in a good way, usually 20-50% HIGHER sales price.

I get the sneaky guys too, when selling, who try to lowball and resell. the thing about them is they are up front with their price and their offer is in cash. the funny thing about opinions of value is that they dont exactly fold and fit in my wallet the way genuine offers, even from lowballers, do.

Then sometimes there is no rhyme nor reason for what things sell for....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote