View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #51
bluex

Re: Got hit from behind today in the truck :(

I'm the guy 67chevyredneck is referring to above.

I recently finished my claim with Hagerty. Your taking the wording of things to literally imo. The claim I just finished worked like any other insurance claim. They sent an adjuster who appraised the damage an wrote an estimate. On the estimate it clearly stated it was an estimate an more damage could be found. Once it was determined the frame and other parts were damaged I submitted the estimate to repair the additional damage for labor and parts and hagerty cut me another check. You will do better to go through hagerty. I did have some difficulty getting ahold of my claims rep but to be fair to him two major hurricanes hit the east coast during my claim.

Let the man look at it, if you dont like his number don't accept payment. If they send a check and you dont agree to it then don't cash it. It's not as compliacted as you're making it out to be. Yes its a speciality policy with restrictions but the claims process works like any other insurance claim. They will allow a supplemental payment(s) if further damage is discovered after the initial damage appraisal.

Hope that helps....
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote