Thread: Time to Vent
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #7
The Rocknrod

Re: Time to Vent

I realize he hasn't given you much time to talk to him however, I usually tell stories to younger guys/girls rather than telling them what to do. Maybe of me, or of someone else who screwed up whatever, but I don't tell the kid "your screwed up". They'll reject it in their mind and fight it. I've had much success in this manner and have had people come back to me and thank me for helping them. Now there's always one who won't listen and bang his head on the wall but that's humanity. Just a thought, good luck cause I know it's tough dealing with younger people. They don't have the life experience you do and it's all exciting, or too big to handle or whatever. They have to grow up too. Eventually the worm will turn.
When I was a young man I had a Senior Chief named Nick Nickson (who has since passed). He was black and used to introduce himself "Nick Nickson - No relation"
He worked on me like he was my dad, and with good reason. Years latter when I made Chief I went to see him at his home and thanked him for his help, ya he was rough on me when he needed to be. But he was my dad more than anyone had been. Poor guy, he didnt have any gray hair when he met me.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote