View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 12:56 AM   #8
dagnabbitt

Re: 700R4 Tranny for $150 - Buy or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird05 View Post
2X on the TV cable, bracket that is bolted onto the intake, fill tube, torque converter cover, electrical plug and yoke from the drive shaft. That is a metric trans so get as many of the bolts as you can. Check to see if the torque converter bolt holes line up to your flywheel. If they need adjusting it is very hard to do with the transmission installed. If you decide to not get it let me know. I've been looking for one. LOL
Ditto to that, grab all you can. I had the trans shop install the whole unit and and set the TV cable too, I've heard too much about guys setting them themselves and burning it.

Get the torque converter also, but just so you can take a look at it: if you're getting it rebuilt don't try to save money by reusing a nasty one with old fluid in it, just get a new one.

I got lucky, my driveshaft still fit, but budget for a new one since there are different lengths. Don't worry its money well spent.

It seems like a lot of expense and trouble but it was the best upgrade for the dollar I ever did.
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote