A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
That looks very nice.
Thanks! Glad to be “done” with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
What kind of welder had you been using. Mine is an old Millermatic 120. I really think it just needs some work. As far as power settings it's just 1,2,3 and 4. I think an adjustable dial in smaller increments would be an improvement. It's difficult to weld thin metal without blowing holes in it.
It was the Eastwood gas mig pictured below. It probably just needs adjustments, but good luck finding someone willing to work on it. Super happy with the Hobart 140 and if it starts being weird, I know I can have it serviced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse970 View Post
Very nice Chris! You have convinced me that my ‘67 needs those Inner fenders and to be lower!
Yay! Definitely do it, but be prepared for copious amounts of swearing. I think I’m more excited about your GMC project than I am about my own junk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
Your good enough is most people's "perfect." I'm looking forward to seeing it.
I’m honestly embarrassed at the state of it, but I am looking forward to you fixing it
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
FYI, for the next floor welding project (or interior even more so), harbor freight sells welding blankets that work quite well
But, those are like $8, I can get the others for $3 and have a more fun welding experience
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote