View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #73
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: 1970 GMC Suburban... for the family

Got some more help out in the garrage today!

Eldon Jeremy
Born 1/17/11 0837
7lb 9oz 20"

This is the reason I have been so frantic to get the Yukon going and progress on the Suburban underway! This weekend has been crazy!

I am moving all the updates for the Yukon to one of my old threads...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386191

FRIDAY

I lost the left front wheel bearings on the Suburban on the way home from work Friday morning, so I was out all 3 vehicles!! A buddy got out of bed to come get me and loan me his F250 for the week. Thanks Les! Since I didn't have the heads ready to go back on the Yukon, my wife made the executive decision to try another motor (this time one with a return policy) hence...

SATURDAY

Check out the Yukon thread for some interesting info on this engine

My wife was having contractions while I was at the junk yard (don't worry, she told me they were not bad enough to go to the ER)

I want to say thanks to the forum members (don't know their user names) who ran into me at the junk yard and offered to help pull the hood! That was very cool! You guys should have stuck around to watch me wheel that hoist with the engine all the way to the front! It was comical! I did the tough man all the way up there! the hardest part was getting it up that little ice ramp at the doors.

SUNDAY

worked on the Yukon all day... didnt want to go to far because of contractions... got pretty close to fire before going to the hospital

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote