View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #24
Advanced Design

Re: Bought a new high quality locally built car trailer

So two good friends and I made a fun 12 hour round trip and brought the Suburban home. What a fun awesome day...seeing so many sweet solid trucks running around just North of Memphis.

About an hour from home, on that same stretch of rough pavement, in the dark in a construction zone barely moving I hear a bang and the dreaded metal on asphalt dragging sound.

Luckily there was a field access road next to and I was able to pull over to investigate. Figured the other ramp dropped out.

Nope, the foot of the trailer jack had dropped down. This is the style where you pull a securing pin so the foot drops to the ground to save a ton of jacking.

The retention pin rotates on a ramp to move it out against the spring pressure allowing the disengagement. Nearest I can tell, the handle on the pin contacts the trailer frame while turning down the ramp before the bottom of the ramp is realized. Thinking the pin isn’t fully engaged and the rough road shook it loose.

I could be all wrong in my theories and will get ahold of the manufacturer next week sometime to get it fixed.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote