View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Newtz67

Re: Craziest thing you've done to "just get home"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
A couple of years ago I bought a 04 suburban rolled over off of E-bay in OK. It was the week before thanksgiving and we go to my wifes family every yearfor it and they live near FT. Smith AR. So we go get the rollover No battry it was cut off at the wrecker yard. They just cut the cables below the battery bolts. Well anyway we got it loaded on my trailer being pulled by my 96 suburban with a bunch of miles. We got back to wifes home had thankgiving the next day then took of toward home about 5 hrs east. Well an hour down the road the tranny started acting up and we pulled into a Walmart parking lot. What are we gonna do asked my wife as we walked inside? I said we will live in housewares and vacation in sporting goods. All of that talking while in my head trying my best Macgever inpersonasion. We bought a new battery a few vice grips a roll of black tape and a few hand tools. I put the battery in and tapedd the ends to the vice grips wrapped them in electrical tape to keep from shorting out. next I pullled the outside bumper brakets off and took a come along and pulled the bumper off the tires where it had folded up then I trade places on the trailor putting the wreck in front and the lame on top. Now the truck was rolled so hard I had to crawl in from the pass side and look out the sunroof hole the doors that were open was held shut with a strap and on I 40 we went cars passing us laughing so hard state troopers laughing too but never pulled us overwe got home about six hours later wore out
That is priceless!
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote