View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 12:11 AM   #1
The Rocknrod

Ignition Switch and New Harness

My new wiring harness has a brown wire that feeds power on the fuse panel for the turn signal circuit, wiper.
The Harness also has an Orange wire for the ACC feed and a pink wire for the ignition.
These wires were inserted into connectors for a column type ignition switch when I received the harness. I switched them over to the dash type ignition switch shown.
I’m using a dash ignition switch from a later model like a 68 or 69 which has a ACC terminal.

Top red wire is power wire from engine bay, just below is red wire, it is full time hot also.
clockwise 2 brown wires are for the brake warning light. I do not use that on my brake system.

Two greens are temp sensor light - These are not used on my gauge cluster with a temperature gauge.

bottom pink is the ignition wire to the cab side of the firewall block to the distributor. It also feeds the fuse panel (I think).

Purple wire is starter solenoid wire no problem there.

In the picture shown the larger brown and smaller brown at 10 o*clock are the accessory terminal wires. The large one goes to the fuse panel for the flasher power, heater fan, wiper motor and the smaller one “normally” goes to the inside of the cab firewall block and on to the external voltage regulator, except I’m using a 3 wire internal regulated alternator.

Here’s the rub:
Mine are Large Orange and Small Brown. Titled as Ign Switch ACC feeds fuse panel ACC, Wiper, gauges.
Small Brown feeds fuse panel Turn Signal, Radio ACC Heat. They are not terminated together so I plan to make both of these mimic the browns shown in the pic and plug them into the same spot as the browns shown in the pic. Am I screwing up?
[/QUOTE]
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote