View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #97
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Re: Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT TONY View Post
Where are you at? I'd offer some help if I could....
Thanks, i will keep that in mind, and I don't mind paying for good help either! I am just east of edmonton.
But I did manage to ask for some advice on the paint and body work section, got some good responses.. Also did a bit more reading about paint.
I tell ya, I can sure respect a good paint job when I see one now!

Actually I made some good progress today, I wet sanded my cab interior with 800, then final wiped/tack clothed and added 2 coats of base and cleared with 2 coats, dont have any photos yet as it just finished flashing! Haha, but it turned out pretty good! I did unfortunately get quite a few dust nibs, but i expected that for my interior as all those little nooks and crannies hide stuff.
I decided to do my interior and exterior of cab seperately and am finding it is much easier to control the flashing of my base... I am using medium reducer and i am not kidding it flashes in 3.5mins! So when i was doing the whole cab at once, i was getting overspray effect by the time i got to a different side.
Now I'll mask off the interior and do the outside of the cab.
But now i have another problem... I used up all my paint for most of the project on my cab mistakes (turned it into expensive dust on the floor!) and my supplier of ALSA paint is out of stock! Anyone know of a dealer in alberta that sells this stuff, other then AMP in edmonton? I really dont want to wait three weeks.
Also, do you think it would be safe to hit the clear with a light 2000 wetsand, eventhough i only have 2 coats, not the 3 needed normally. I just wanna get out a few of the dust nibs if possible. I plan on 3 coats and wetsand for the exterior.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by smoknbarrels; 02-19-2013 at 03:10 AM.
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote