View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #59
The Rocknrod

Re: Window felt weatherstrip (beltline weatherstrip)

Well shoot, now I can't even find the link I posted above, but I did find other info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd C. View Post
Gotta weigh in on this window sweeps discussion. I've been working on and off (mostly off) on a 66 C-10 "project" that my son purchased about five years ago. I've finally reached the final assembly stage and attempted to install the Brand-X sweeps that came with the truck. Experienced many of the same problems described by other members, ie: difficulty of installation, sweeps end up slightly too low, windows won't roll all the way up, etc, etc. Determined to solve this mystery, today I strolled in to All American Classics in Vancouver, WA looking for some help. I asked to look at their best quality sweeps to compare with the Brand-X sweep I had with me. BINGO! They showed me a set of "Repops" which had much sturdier clips that are also mounted lower on the sweep. This concurs with 64fleetside's theory, should result in the sweeps flushing out with the window sill and allow the window to roll all the way up. I plan to install the new sweeps tomorrow, so stay tuned. If any one is interested, these are manufactured in the USA by Montco Mfg of Mena, Arkansas and are marketed under the brand name "Repops". Part No. for 64-66 C-10 is CT160 I purchased mine at All American Classics of Vancouver, WA Ph #: (800) 955-4999
http://www.repops.com/product-search.cfm?kw=CT160
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote