View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
bluex

Re: NV3500 Install in a 78 C10

Hydraulic hookup

During my research I found that the NV3500 uses the same hydraulic bearing assembly as a T56. This helpled me out as I could follow the path that many had used to swap a T56 into older vehicles. This is also why I used the wilwood master since I found much more info about using it in swaps than trying to cobble together two different factory setups (C10 hydro master to newer internal slave).

So on the bearing the factory quick release fitting is held in with a roll pin. Drive that pin out and the factory connection will pull loose from the assembly. You can then install the -3AN adapter the same way, just push it in until it’s seated and reinstall the pin. The pin was a tighter fit with the adapter than the factory one was. The banjo bolt kit is used to convert the master cylinder over to -3AN and simply fits in the end of the master, one sealing washer on each side. The 36” line I used was the perfect length for my truck, if you want to route it differently you’d need a longer one though. The remote bleeder was also nice to have but isn’t necessary. It did make bleeding the clutch much easier and was well worth the extra money to me. The 12” length is enough to reach it easily while under the truck and tie it up to the frame out of the way when you’re done.
Attached Images

bluex is offline   Reply With Quote