View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
bluex

Re: NV3500 Install in a 78 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Rascal View Post
I expect it won't be long until someone pipes up about that being a weak trans. That seems to be a common occurrence any time someone mentions the 3500. Beats me. I have used them in several trucks and GM thought highly enough of them to build a ton of 350 powered trucks with them and they lived just fine. You'll never hear me speak poorly of one.

Just curious, did you just get tired of the 700R4 and want a manual trans ? Obviously you didn't gain any overdrive advantage from the swap.
I'm not worried about the strength of the trans. I'm sure a vortec 350 has more power than my truck does. I'm aware they aren't the best but they fit my budget an that is what matters the most. I've had this trans kicking around for 8-9 yrs an from what I remember I picked it up for about $200.

I've wanted this truck to have a manual trans since I learned to drive one. There was nothing wrong with 700 I was just finally ready to do the swap. At the time I put the 700 in it I didn't have the place or the time to have it down long enough to do a manual swap.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote