View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #47
RockinKees

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

Well Kim, it's no spring as throttle cable, it is a 3 mm (0.118 inch) thick clutch cable. Maybe you see that black rubber as a spring? Or that big spring I use as return spring? This is already been changed into other, smaller springs..

Today I wanted the truck back on the carbridge or ramp ( or whatever it is called), but the truck wouldn't shift gears... No forward or backwards.
After a minute of trying I got some movement.
Strange, because I have driven it a few weeks ago.
Now it is sometimes making some noise and won't get into gear, and then it will shift again, slips, slips not, very strange....

So I took the trans apart as far as I could, and find "some" dirt lying in the oilpan.
Filter isn't good either...but I didn't find any metal particals! Lucky me
Not that this is telling me good news tho....

I cleaned the parts, bought a new gasket set and hope the dirt was the problem of it all. The truck hasn't been used for 8 years, maybe all the dirt out of the oil has been going down and that causes my trans problems.
Tomorrow I am going to build the trans together and hope it will shift again, if not, well, I have to overhaul this trans.

Brain cleaned and build together

Nice new gaskets

So tomorrow I hope I will have good news regarding to the trans, I can't use this sort of bad luck...We'll see.

1959 Chevy Fleetside Longbed
My build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643426
Kool Guyz CC
Instagram: _King_Kustom_
RockinKees is offline   Reply With Quote