View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:43 AM   #103
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

well funding has been approved through the house approapreation committee (my wife) so hopefully the truck will start to take shape a little quicker.

Basically since we're planning on having a baby sometime soon, and the fact that I hope Hot Rod Power Tour will come towards Seattle next year, my goal is to get it on the road by this time next year.

In order for that to happen I've had to temorarily scale back some of the plans for now. It looks like I'll be running the 5.3L for awhile along with the stock 4L60E and torque converter. I also won't be getting the drag wheel/tires or big brakes right away (I'll still get the 20s though ) Oh, I also won't get the in car computer/navigation sound system I was planning on getting. (Although the other day I saw a stereo that will fit in the stock dash that has only a radio, and then a cord to control ipods, so that should work well in the mean time)

So now I'm gonna be busting butt to get the rust repair done and get this bad boy to the paint shop. Obviously have some other things to get done before then too, but the rust repair is definatly the long leg.

I got a little bit of the work done tonight. I got the rear cab corner support cut down to size, fit up, and welded in along the floor and inner rocker. Still gotta weld it to the existing support though. Not too bad for a few hours though.

Oh yeah, I also scored a center console/seat on ebay tonight too.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote