View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 03:41 AM   #96
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Re: D60 Front Brake Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiszka6911 View Post
I am going forward with my conversion project. I picked up a set of 2010 dodge 3500 calipers which crossover to the 2009 parts used from a local reycycler for $5 each which included the abutment and pads with 30k miles. Front u-joints are gone so 35 spline conversion might be on the list. I am planning trying the soild forged hubs (my truck was a dually so I need new hubs) and is powered by a 6BT cummins. I have so many things to repair, king pins, inner axle seals, axle u-joints, bearings. So its going to be quite a project running in parallel with the brake upgrade. Thanks for the great info.
I wanted to go with the solid hubs, but there was nothing wrong with mine. If I did that I could have gone with 3/8" plate for the brackets because the hubs are .33" offset.... I just couldnt justify the $440 bucks at the time.

The banjo bolt on the Dodge calipers are metric, but you can use the stock 3/8 (same as 10mm) banjo fitting, same as stock I believe. I'll probably be getting custom length braided brake lines from www.kore3.com when I get to that point, but I'm not sure yet how much longer they'll need to be....

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote