View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #107
RockinKees

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

Today at home working on the heaterbox.
The heater core seems to leak, pipes are not what they used to be, so decided to buy a new one, only this one is from a European car. If it can heat up a four door sedan, then it can heat up a small pick up too

That's why I had to change the heater box to get the core fit into it.
Also the connection of the hoses of the blower are somewhat crispy...

From this pile of parts I have to make a working heater again:

I first welded a small piece of the box together, so that the mounting bolts for the heater stay at same place. The I grinded the box loose from the mounting bolt

Next I drilled the underside of the box loose and made steel plates to make the box longer

One side of the new heater core is held by two aluminium pieces that I riveted inside the box

The other side is bolted to an aluminium angle piece, that bolts into the original holes of the box

Of course I ran out of weldinggas, so I finish this tommorow.

To get the window defrost hoses connected again to the box I used PVC pipe, that we normally use for plumbing in the kitchen, bathroom etc.
I took two end stops and drilled and turned the nuts on the lathe to get a hole for the much needed air:

To get the hoses connected I had to make a new, metal plate for the box, the old plastic one is broke into many pieces...and I don't know how it originally looked like, so I must engineer something, that I think will work

After filing the two holes from 30mm to 40mm, the PVC end stops finally fitted into the plate.
Time to stop here, because my body hurt so much I can't do no more.
Hope it's get better in the morning so we can build further with a new, fresh sense
I will take the whole bunch to the truck tommorow and will make it all fit and working.

To be continued....

1959 Chevy Fleetside Longbed
My build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643426
Kool Guyz CC
Instagram: _King_Kustom_
RockinKees is offline   Reply With Quote