View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #147
El Campo

Re: The Good, The Bad and Ugly from Harbor Freight

I have some things from there. Some I love Some I hate

Good: air die grinders (as long as you oil them these 9 dollar things go and go)
mini air saw (the first one didnt work straight out of the box but the next one works as well as the 190 dollar one my friend has from Cornwell
Multimeter (cheap and works great, my friend who is at MMI [motorcycle mechanics institute] says they recommend this 40 dollar one from HF over the Snap On one)
Calipers

Bad: air fittings are complete crap and all leak soon
any wrench of theirs is horrible and does not fit as tight as it should, rounds off, breaks. Will never buy another wrench cheaper than Craftsman again (and I just got a set of 9 wrenchs from Sears on sale for 14 bucks how do you beat that?)
ratchets are equally terrible. I have definitely decided that Snap On and Proto ratchets or the premium Craftsman at the least are WELL WORTH the money.
cutting discs especially cut off wheels are junk, burn them up in 1/4 of the time that others take.

Many times when I use a tool from here I remember this: "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten"
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote