View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 08:12 AM   #33
dagnabbitt

Re: 'Betty Jane' 72 Survivor

Wow that's nice, what a farm-fresh truck. I can't believe you found this, the seller must have been swamped with inquiries if he listed it. Did you just come across it and make an offer? It seems like the color in particular is rare: nowadays every other new vehicle is black, but back then everything was yellow, green and orange. I wonder if anyone knows the approximate number made in comparison to other colors.

I wouldn't change much except the bumpers (both, in white) and the wheels. Although I like the PO1s that it came with, in my opinion they seem to look better on 67-68s than 71-72s. I'd go with white steelies and period dog dishes: I can't tell what era those ones that are one it are from, but they seem to go well.

I wouldn't paint it, but it would be tempting if you did to give it a two-tone look with a white roof. Personally I would just lightly buff it and seek expert opinion on how to preserve that patina.

That said, I only offer my opinion because you asked, its your truck and you should enjoy it any way you like!
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote